The Centre is governed by a board of management. Board Directors are elected by members at an Annual General Meeting. Women’s Legal Centre membership is open to people and organisations that support the objects of the Centre and are approved by the Committee.
Board Chair Vacancy – August 2020
We are seeking expressions of interest from women for the position of Chair of the Women’s Legal Centre, following the AGM in November 2020.
We are looking for someone who will lead the Board to work together to deliver strategic leadership and a strong governance base to the organisation and support the CEO and organisation to implement the Centre’s strategic goals. The Chair will support the Centre’s response to COVID-19 and oversee the development of the Centre’s next strategic plan.
We are seeking candidates who:
- are passionate about the objects and goals of the Centre
- have achieved leadership standing in business, government or the not-for-profit/community sector
- can provide an appropriate level of strategic oversight and support to the CEO and the Centre
- have led organisations and can contribute ideas to respond to strategic challenges faced by community organisations
- have strong communication skills and can successfully develop partnerships with all stakeholders
- have a sound understanding of best practice corporate governance
- have a proven history of overseeing financial performance against budgets and an understanding of community sector funding arrangements
- are willing and able to commit the time to meet the responsibilities of this voluntary role.
For further information about the Centre or the position please contact the Centre’s CEO, Elena Rosenman on 02 6257 4377 or email@example.com.
How to apply
Please provide a copy of your CV and a two page EOI addressing the dot points above and the requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org . The position description can be found here – WLC Board Chair – Position Statement 2020.
Applications from people who are listed on the ASIC Disqualified Persons Register and/or ACNC Register of Disqualified Persons will not be considered.
Expressions of interest close 9am Monday 7 September 2020.
The Women’s Legal Centre publishes annual reports with information about activities and programs run in the last year, statistics on the types of legal work performed, and the Centre’s financial statements. Contact us for hard copies, or click here for a list of PDF copies.
Chairperson Nerida Gill
Deputy Chair Linda Crebbin
Secretary Alana Fraser
Treasurer Lisa Leverton
Member Katrina Fanning
Member Cathie Warburton
Young Woman Observer Rebecca Hobbs
If you are interested in assisting the Centre by being on the Board, please contact CEO Elena Rosenman at email@example.com
The Centre’s Constitution is available here.
The Centre’s Board Charter is available here.