Employment & Discrimination Solicitor, Women’s Legal Centre ACT
- Exciting opportunity to join the Centre’s growing Employment & Discrimination Practice.
- Use your legal skills to advocate for women in discrimination, sexual harassment, human rights, and employment matters.
- Deliver community legal education and contribute to law reform.
- Work with a dynamic, multidisciplinary team in a varied, busy and challenging role.
- Competitive remuneration package, including generous PBI salary packaging, leave loading, paid Christmas shut down, and flex time.
What we’re looking for
The Centre is looking for a junior lawyer to join our Employment & Discrimination Practice. This role will assist the Centre to meet the increased demand for employment law services due to COVID-19.
You should have:
- 1-3 years’ post admission experience;
- A commitment to providing high quality legal assistance to women with vulnerabilities;
- The ability to manage competing workloads under pressure;
- The ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people; and
- A restricted practising certificate in the Australian Capital Territory (or be eligible to apply for one).
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, women with disability, and women from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Note: Being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification under section 34 of the Discrimination Act 1991 (ACT) and section 30 of the Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (Cth).
How to apply
Please email your application to Beth Hender, Head of Practice (Employment & Discrimination) at: email@example.com.
Your application should include:
- your current CV;
- response to selection criteria in the position description (maximum 2 pages); and
- the names and contact details of two referees who have supervised your work.
Applications close 9am Monday 3 August 2020.
For more information, please contact Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 6257 4377.