We are looking for a committed and creative Social Worker to join our multi-disciplinary team. Be part of the ACT’s response to COVID-19 and use your social work experience to be part of the specialist team supporting women at risk of domestic and family violence through their legal matters.
- Work with a leading organisation and dynamic staff team with a genuine understanding and commitment to the role of social workers in our service.
- Deliver essential services to women at risk of and experiencing family violence at a critical time
- Competitive remuneration package, including generous PBI salary packaging, leave loading, flex time and paid Christmas close down.
About the position
The Centre’s Socio-Legal Team is an essential part of the Centre’s multidisciplinary approach to delivering legal assistance to women. Social Workers work with our solicitors and client services staff to provide integrated, holistic and trauma-informed support to our clients.
The Social Worker works with clients to support their safety, strengthen their resilience, build their independence and support their engagement with their legal matter. This includes:
- Developing and reviewing case plans with clients and supporting the implementation of these plans to achieve clients’ goals.
- Working with Centre solicitors to ensure support is integrated, trauma-informed and coordinated.
- Providing ongoing, intensive, crisis or one-off support for clients, in line with their needs and the Centre’s focus on early intervention and resolution.
- Ensuring regular contact and communication with clients about their wellbeing, legal matter and other issues.
- Continually assess the safety and risk of clients in complex and challenging situations.
- Make warm and considered referrals in line with client’s consent and needs.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a qualified social worker who is a member of or eligible for membership with AASW. We are looking for a creative and energetic practitioner who is committed to trauma-informed service delivery and delivering social work support in a way that further strengthens the Centre’s multi-disciplinary approach to legal services.
If you are someone with a sound understanding of the issues facing women experiencing domestic and family violence, including engagement with Child and Youth Protection Services, who enjoys working with vulnerable clients to support them to make informed choices about their legal matters and safety and has well developed resilience and reflection skills to work with women at risk, we want to hear from you.
Ideally, you will also understand and have existing networks of Canberra’s service delivery system to ensure our clients receive essential services and to build broad awareness of the Centre’s services and the value of specialist legal advice.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, women with disability, and women from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information about the role, please contact Kasumi Ejiri on 6257 4377 or email@example.com
Applications should provide
- a current CV; and
- maximum of 2 pages ‘Expression of Interest’, addressing the selection criteria in the position description.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org marked Social Worker Application via SEEK or Ethical Jobs or other.
Applications close Monday 10th August 2020
Note: being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification under s34 of the Discrimination Act 1991 (ACT).