- Work with a dynamic, multidisciplinary team in varied, busy and challenging role.
- Lead the Centre’s social work interventions, supported by a friendly and positive team in a central location.
- Competitive remuneration package, including generous PBI salary packaging, leave loading and paid end of year close down.
About the position
The Centre is looking for an experienced social worker to join our team. The social worker is a crucial plank of our socio-legal service delivery model and works with our solicitors to provide integrated and holistic support to our clients.
The Social Worker works with Centre’s clients to support their safety, strengthen their resilience, build their independence and support their engagement with their legal matter. This includes:
- Developing and reviewing case plans with clients and supporting the implementation of these plans to achieve clients’ goals.
- Working with Centre solicitors to ensure support is integrated and coordinated.
- Providing ongoing, intensive, crisis or one-off support for clients, in line with their needs and the Centre’s focus on early intervention and resolution.
- Ensuring regular contact and communication with clients about their well-being, legal matter and other issues.
- Continually assess the safety and risk of clients in complex and challenging situations.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a woman who enjoys face-to-face contact with clients and is also interested in program development in the field of socio-legal practice.
This is the right role for someone who is interested in working with vulnerable women and has a sound understanding of the issues facing women experiencing domestic and family violence, including engagement with Child and Youth Protection Services. Ideally, you will also have an understanding of the service delivery system we work with and existing networks in a range of sectors you can use to ensure our clients receive essential services and to build awareness of the Centre’s services.
This is the right role for you if you are also excited about working with a multidisciplinary team and supporting the Centre to develop and deepen our socio-legal approach to service delivery.
Working as the sole social worker in a legal practice is a challenging role, but your expertise is highly valued by the Centre and this position has the opportunity of growth, innovation and serious job satisfaction.
Applications should provide
- a current CV; and
- maximum of 2 pages ‘Expression of Interest’, addressing the selection criteria in the position description available here.
Applications close Monday 18 March 2019.
Note: being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification under s34 of the Discrimination Act 1991 (ACT).
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and women with disability strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information please contact the Centre on (02) 6257 4377or via email at email@example.com.